Thursday, April 12, 2012

Challenge 1


My last week of the challenge has not go as planned. Vacation visiting family & friends and my nutrition is off and my workouts are different. The gyms here are different  than what I'm used to. I have just had to make some adjustments with my routine. But even though my nutrition has been off this week, I did not miss any workouts.

We are having a huge 40th birthday party celebration for me this weekend where I will be able to see some fiends I have not seen since grade school. I am doing my best to make the menu with some healthy choices for myself and others who are trying to make better eating habits too, minus the 100 gourmet cupcakes that will be staring at me.

So, my first challenge, I didn't see as many results as anticipated, but I did see results. I lost scale weight, lost inches and body fat. I am happy with that. Do I wish I would have seen more results? Yes. But that will come starting Monday when I start my second challenge. I figured since this week has been off my normal routine I will count this week as my active rest week between challenges so a 11 week challenge in my C1 and a 12 week in my C2.

My second challenge, I will be including a bootcamp class in my first 4 weeks of my C2. I did this class about a year or so ago and had a blast. I think this will help me break through my plateau and give me the extra push and motivation to get through another challenge and some new workout ideas.

To keep me motivated and to have another goal other than losing weight. I will be signing up for a military challenge with some of my friends from my bootcamp class. A military challenge is like a Warrior Dash. It is a 5k-8k with obstacles and lots of mud throughout the run.  I did this 2 years ago, it was my first marathon ever, and this time I want to demolish my previous finish time.

Challenge 2 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment